Banner Learning Center
*Banner employees, please log in using your Lawson ID as your username and the first six digits of your social security number as your password.
If you have any questions or problems and the documents & troubleshooting information to the right is unable to help you, please contact us.
Computer Related Issues:
Documents and Troubleshooting
For directions on how to use the Banner Learning Center (BLC) please select from the choices below.
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9
- Adobe Flash Player. Download for free here.
- Adobe Shockwave Player. Download for free here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download for free here.
Common Issues and Problems
The BLC Courses Won’t Launch or Transfer
I can’t login. I keep getting sent back to the login screen:
- The username and/or password you entered didn’t match our records. You can retrieve your password using the “forgot password link” or have IT reset it for you. Your username is usually your Lawson ID.
The course won’t start:
- Install the latest versions of Adobe Flash , Adobe Shockwave, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Clear the browser cache.
The course won’t move forward:
- If your course gets stuck on the last slide in the module before the test, install the latest version of Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave.
- Rewind the Course – Use the rewind button to start the course from the beginning (figure 1).
I completed the course but the grade didn’t record properly
- Make sure you click through each slide (do not skip slides).
- Make sure you submitted each answer.
- Exit the course from the button labeled exit, not the X at the top of the screen.
- Make sure you give the course enough time to record your grade. You will see a confirmation screen.
- You can provide a completion certificate or screen capture showing your score, the course name and the date and email it to , and we will credit your transcript.
- Try clearing your cache then rewinding the course to take it again.
- Ask your BLC lead or IT to reset the course for you — this will cancel the course and re-enroll the user so that he or she can retake the course.
How to clear browser cookies/temp files/bookmarks & cache – (see Figure 2)
When all else fails
- Contact the IT Support Desk by calling (602) 747-4444 or emailing at . Ask them to have IT DESKTOP trouble shoot the user’s PC for malware or missing plug-ins.
I can not hear any sounds once the tutorials load.
If you hear no sound on the course modules, please try the following:
- Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers
- Adjust the volume control located in the Video Player
- Restart your internet browser
- Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
Most BLC videos are streamed through Adobe Flash player. If you’re having trouble playing videos, we suggest you install the latest version of the Flash player.
Please follow these steps to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe’s Flash Player:
- Before installing Adobe Flash, you will need to first uninstall any older versions you currently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe’s official uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html. Make sure to select your correct operating system, and then "Uninstall Flash."
- Now that you’ve uninstalled the older version of Flash, follow Adobe’s instructions at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ for reinstalling the most recent version. The download option is on the right-hand side of the page.
- Once you've downloaded the file, please exit your browser first, and then install the upgraded version of Flash to your computer.
- Finally, open your browser again and go to BLC. You should be able to successfully watch videos!
If the instructions above don't resolve the issue, please
- Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
- Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
- Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren’t set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
- Make sure your computer is set up properly for Flash by checking out Adobe’s Advanced Troubleshooter at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html.
My username and/or password isn’t working when I try to log-in.
For most employees, your username will be your Lawson ID. The default password is the first six digits of your social security. If you changed your password and cannot recall what it is, use the retrieve password link on the left side of the page to have an email reminder sent to the email you have on file within the application.
If you would like your password reset or cannot recall your login information, contact the IT Support Desk at 602.747.4444
What is my Lawson ID?
Your Lawson ID is the employee number assigned to you during your journey at Banner Health.